Saturday, October 17, 2015

Does preaching the gospel of Christ keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Why would anyone be hated for the gospel of Christ?

It's just the way it is folks:

http://www.balaamsassspeaks.blogspot.com/2015/10/this-is-real-terrorism.html 

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
--JOHN 17.14

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
--LUKE 21.17

It's amazing today how this works even though I'm not ORDAINED, or a PASTOR, or some "approved" or "ordained" TEACHER, EVANGELIST, TELEVANGELIST, PROPHET, or PREACHER.  But I certain am at liberty to PREACH the gospel of Christ Jesus.  

Although I may not be one of the men of renown today in leading evangelical Christian circles and various other fundamental, independent Christian circles, I have received freely the gift of God which is not of works.  And since I have freely received so I freely give out the gospel of Christ.  I seem to remember others who have freely received and freely gave too and without charge:

What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
--I CORINTHIANS 9.18

Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
--MATTHEW 10.8

Look at who else gave us freely all things.   If you can't see who this is then look a little closer at this link:

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
--ROMANS 8.32

...developing...