Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nokia is a sleeping giant

This information leaked out from NOK....
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2015404725_video_nokia_windows_phone_reve.html 

I know by experience that the best wireless service in the U.S.A. is Verizon (VZ) and companies such as Research In Motion (RIMM) and Nokia (NOK) with their WINDOWS based operating systems took some unusual setbacks recently in the developments of smart phones.  I know Verizon has the best coverage and those AAPL users that have IPhones suffer from very poor nationwide connection since AT&T lacks in uniform coverage both with internet and cell phone signals.   It's unfortunate that our economy is in such peril because the smart devices from NOK and RIMM are much smarter than the big Apple.  Not only that the users on VZ plans can enjoy continuous coverage and actually have a useful device.  AT&T's acquisition of T-MOBILE will not expand their rural capabilities.   I know because I travel and the type of work that I do demands reliable equipment and coverage.  I'm looking forward to a shift in the TECH sector stocks for the investor and the end users....developing....